– CALL FOR ENTRIES –
High School Art Competition - Spring 2021
Open to all Santa Cruz County High School Students
ArtFuel.org is hosting a regional art competition entitled Flora and Fauna. This competition will celebrate young talent and is open to all high school students (grades 9-12) throughout all Santa Cruz County school districts. This includes all public and private schools as well as homeschooled students.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
We are accepting original artworks that reflect students’ personal exploration of
nature (both wild life and plant life) and all it inspires. Categories include:
Works on Paper, Painting, and 3-Dimensional work.
• Artists may submit only one entry for each category
• Artwork must be original (unique in concept and created directly by the student)
• Artwork should not be computer-generated
• Artwork should not exceed 4-feet by 4-feet in size and be made within the past 15 months
• Deadline for entry is April 26, 2021 (late or incomplete submissions will not be considered)
• Finalists will be announced by the end of April
• Curated artwork will be shown at Iveta Cafe/Gallery in Santa Cruz from May 8-June 23rd, 2021. Opening reception will take place on May 8th from 12:00-3:00 with an award presentation, raffle and live music. All Covid restrictions will be in place for the event.
• All student artwork will be featured in online catalog
• Entry to Flora and Fauna competition is free
• Students must submit a digital version of their artwork online here at ArtCall.org:
• Entries should include artwork title and size, along with a brief description of their work
• Submit artworks as a jpeg, png or gif digital file; note: there is a size limitation of 5MB
Finalists will be awarded a variety of prizes.
• First Place - $400
• Second Place - $200
• Third Place - $100
• “Best Of” categories will be awarded prizes, donated by our sponsors
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Selections will be based on the following criteria: execution, uniqueness, and creativity. The selection committee are all local professional artists. Students may include participation in this competition on their resumes for scholarships and college applications.
• Tobin Keller, Cabrillo College Art Department Faculty
• Karen Ehlers, Artist and Teacher with an MFA from American University
• Bill Gould, President and Principal Architect of Artik
Email any questions to info@ArtFuel.org or call 831-346-2650.
"Great art picks up where nature ends." -Marc Chagall